January 2, 2014

Happy New Year...!

2014 has arrived, so I’ll take a second to wish the few of you still reading a happy new year and hope that you have all had a great start to the new year! No resolutions, promises or whatever you prefer to call it, but for one more year I’ll do my best to keep the blog alive. It’s pretty obvious that my heart is not quite in it any longer, but cannot help thinking of the blog as my third child; so abandoning it isn’t and won’t be easy. Anyway; let’s wait and see what 2014 brings, but there are already plenty of interesting things to be looking forward to:

Kashmir will be at Kulturværftet on February 1 and despite being a fan of the band since the release of The Good Life nearly 15 years ago, this will be the first time I’ll see the band live.


Then of course there’s the debut concert of The Mountains on February 21. So far the band’s debut album is by far my most anticipated release of 2014.

Oliver North Boy Choir has announced that they will start playing live in 2014 and for this purpose (and probably for numerous other reasons as well) the band has expanded the line-up with a fourth member. New recordings are in the making, so stay tuned for more updates!


Old favorite Jonas Villumsen has signed a record deal and a new release (EP) is said to be out on March 17.


It’s probably very hush hush, but friendly and innovative people are working on putting together a Copenhagen Popfest later this year. The popfest in 2010 was a blast, so a 2014 edition would certainly be most welcomed.

Finally I expect that the steady flow of recommendations from my quartet of music friends (Chris, Peter, J.A. and Rodolfo) will continue in 2014. And why not start out right away with this fine little pop tune by The Soft Look (recommended by J.A.)?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I look forward to at least another year of recommended tunes! Cheers [aul

Unknown said...

Thank you! Will try my best not to let you down :)