October 23, 2013

Rambling shit...

Continue to receive loads of shitty mails, so yesterday I made the decision to help people figuring things out, since they clearly cannot figure it out themselves. So set up a number of filters including bad words like "remix", "rnb" and "hip hop", and so far a fine little number of emails have ended up directly in the waste bin. And I've only just started and you bet more filthy words will be added. Now I can only dream of a function that will allow me to spam people right back with 20 mails (or more) telling them "I'm ever so sorry, but since you rather obviously did NOT read the guidelines and mailed me some horrible, horrible music, I thought I should let you know that your email automatically was filed in the trash folder. What a great job you did wasting your time, your client's money, but luckily you failed in wasting mine!"...or something similar rude!

Hopefully you've forgotten all about it, but maybe one of two remember how I wrote about my back problem? It still persists, but now I've got a name for it. It's called...you've probably guessed it...herniation. You can read a whole lot more about it at Wikipedia (or choose not to), but luckily it won't take an operation to fix it. Instead I will be looking forward to seeing my physiotherapist quite often over the next few months.

Is Orange is the new Black the new black? I've always hated TV-series and loathed the concept of having to wait 1 to 7 days for the story to continue. However, I signed up for Netflix about a month ago (to get access to the movies and the children's stuff) and ever since the provider has done a real fine job reminding me again and again that "hey we have truckloads of series right here, just waiting to be streamed". So this weekend I finally gave in and thought "what the heck; why not give it a try?". So obviously I decided to make my "debut" by watching a series about a woman sentenced to 15 months in a women's prison. And being my "debut" I logically cannot share my opinion on whether or not this is better than any other series around. But 5 episodes in, I'm rather impressed by the mix of drama (most of the characters being far more captivating and with far more interesting stories than I ever expected) and comedy (at times it's absolutely hilarious). And of course...the best part being that there are several episodes left as well as loads and loads of other series to be looking forward to...

This is really contradictory I know and very much against anything I've "preached" about obscurity over the years. So despite Cut Copy being the most blogged artist according to Hypem, I nonetheless have to post the band's new track We Are Explorer. Not groundbreaking or anything, just a plain brilliant electronic pop tune.


Never mentioned the release of The Proctors' album Everlasting Light (through Shelflife Records). Lead single Trouble With Forever is a simply wonderful jangly guitar pop tune that is bound to bring back some lovely Sarah Records memories...currently streaming the album via Spotify and it really is quite wonderful!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Agree with "Orange...", it's a really good show, so much better than you could imagine by just reading the synopsys. Looking forward to Season 2 which will be airing next year. And you should definitely put "Breaking Bad" on your to-watch-list... it took me a while to get in to, but in the end, it turned out to be probably the best series I've ever seen!
Also looking forward to the new Cut Copy; doesn't sound too shabby so far! :)

Unknown said...

Yes. I've heard/read a lot of positive things about Breaking Bad, so it's definitely on the watch-list! So here's to a long, dark and cold winter, where you can do absolutely nothing but watching TV-series :-)