May 21, 2012

Marianne...

Blink and the good ones are taken. Been away from the computer for a couple of days, meaning that I’m a bit late posting this new track by California Wives…which I believe they are giving away to sort of celebrate that they’ve been signed to Vagrant Records. Being late or not, I just have to post it; for a number of reasons. First and foremost it simply needs to be shared, because California Wives is one of the best and most interesting new bands around (despite that horrible, horrible band name). Everything put out by the band so far has been stunningly brilliant and new track Marianne is no exception, being a real catchy indie-pop-new-wave kind of thing. Furthermore the title reminds of a rather wonderful girl I once knew, whose name was…you guessed it…Marianne, whom I actually dreamt of marrying (though I never got around asking her that big question). Sadly (and luckily) things never worked out as I hoped they would, so we split, and a few years later I met another girl (even more wonderful), and this one I did in fact end up marrying. And nearly 12 years later we still are! But Marianne still has this little soft spot in my heart…

Marianne by California Wives

No comments: