March 30, 2012

This and whole lot of that...

Have exactly 11,794 mails in the inbox. Don’t think I’ll ever get to the bottom of it. Decided to delete 600 mails earlier today just to make something happen. Some of them were from 2010! Remain terribly sorry if you’re still awaiting my reply...

On Tuesday it’s two weeks since I returned from the Marathon trip to Rome. On Tuesday I’m off on my next trip visiting London with the family. This will be the first time I’ll see London in “children’s height”. Should be interesting, though of course this means Hamleys, no concerts and only the occasional pint.

Heard Simple Song by The Shins on the radio this morning. Still think it’s a rather phenomenal song, but have felt no urge to check out their new album. Don’t know why, but I just haven’t. No one leaves comments around here anymore, so I feel safe promising that if anyone (just anyone) posts a comment saying I really should...I will!
Simple Song by The Shins

DR/P3 premiered the video for the truly gorgeous Easter Island by The Eclectic Moniker yesterday. I couldn’t and still cannot make it work, but it’s there. Perhaps you can?

Some interesting new music popping is up – in the mailbox and around the web.

Perhaps more interesting than actually good is the debut solo single Når Lysene Går Ud by The William Blakes frontman Kristian Leth. Obviously interesting because he's singing in Danish. Compared to The Smiths by some, which I don't quite get. Except perharss that the title means "When the lights go out"? Stream it at Soundvenue.

The new single Night Comes Out by The Raveonettes is brilliant. Sounds very “Raveonettes-esque”, so not much new there. Yours for an email (hope the link is working?)!
The Raveonettes - Night Comes Out

Stumbled upon Farewell Decade by Desert Stars in the mailbox some time ago, because they promoted themselves as a shoegaze/dream-pop band. Their music doesn’t exactly fit those genres if you ask me, but the song has a nice 60’s pop feel to it…and I like that!
Farewell Decade by Desert Stars

4 comments:

Juan Luis said...

You should, my friend. Maybe you don't notice but we are here all the time. Greetings from Spain.

Anonymous said...

Definitely check out all of Port of Morrow! It's a great album...Pitchfork labeled it as best new music.

Unknown said...

Great to know Juan Luis :)

Thanks to the both of you I'm currently downloading Port of Morrow!

Starlight Girls said...

Haha, you should :)

xoxoxoxo