August 12, 2011

Keeping a promise...sort of...

Wrote earlier today that I was planning to post a longer post tonight. Well tonight is now and so far I've done exactly no work (and the same amount of planning) on any post. I guess this means business as usual then; I surf around a bit...check some mails...read a few tweets...scan Facebook and who knows; maybe some time during the evening something interesting will pop up?

Stick around...unless of course you have better things to do (which I sincerely hope for you)...

This is always so embarrassing; checking out a band and thinking to myself that "this is pretty good". Then I visit the band's Facebook page only to find out that I'm already a fan of the band...ahem! Then I double check and realize that I've actually posted a song by the band some months ago...ahem (again)! Perhaps my age is finally catching up with me?

Anyway...The Wandas writes catchy 70's inspired guitar pop/rock songs...and if you haven't surfed on by now and didn't download the song the first time around, I recommend that you invest a few minutes and give them a listen!

  Do or Die (new!) by the WANDAS

  Forever and Ever (new!) by the WANDAS

I'll let Danish trio Black Light White Light introduce themselves, as it will take me a lifetime (or more) to come up with anything better than this; "Hazy, neo-psychedelic rock with a retro soul bringing you fuzzy and catchy pop songs with a modern Spectorish 60s sound that sucks you in like a crimson lighted sky on a summer night in a desert valley.". Glorious Bastards (which indeed is a catchy 60's sounding pop song) is from the band's debut album due later this fall. Tobias the bassist is Tobias of old blog favorites Death Valley Sleepers.

  Black Light White Light - Glorious Bastards by Low Life Inc

2 comments:

Mikkel said...

have you ever unintendedly bought the same album more than one time?

So far I am on my fourth, and I am only thirty four !

Unknown said...

Believe I've only done it once...