May 25, 2011

Panda gigante...

So after all I’ve ended up coming to terms with not going to NYC Popfest. Next in line is accepting that I won’t be going to Indietracks either. Although the Indietracks line-up doesn’t make me drool the way it's done previous years, there will still be plenty of interesting artists performing; and probably a few gems to unearth as well. Among the unknown acts to me (prior to checking the line-up) is Papa Topo, which is described asnothing less than a phenomenon”. Apparently I'm the only one who had never heard of them, as I was surprised to learn that they have built up quite a fanbase (6,244 fans at Facebook is a rather decent number). And the one track I’ve heard so far, Oso Panda, is actually a nice little pop song. Make that 6,245 fans!
+ Papa Topo - Oso Panda

I’ve never jumped the Bon Iver bandwagon, but new track Calgary is bloody marvelous!
+ Calgary

Another track on heavy rotation when sitting behind the screen wasting my time at work is the perfect new single Skyll på mig by De Montevert.
+ Skyll på mig

In a Facebook update yesterday Blue Foundation revealed that the band has just finished recording and mixing a new song with Jonas Bjerre of Mew. I'll be hard pressed to think of a more perfect match, as the voice of Jonas should fit superbly in the musical universe of Blue Foundation.
+ Stuck In A Hard Place (Reworked)
+ Eyes On Fire (Zeds Dead Remix)

No comments: