November 20, 2010

OMD vs. The xx...

Never been a fan of cover versions and probably never will be. But from time to time a few interesting do come along and (my) childhood heroes OMD covering The xx certainly wasn’t something I saw coming. Isn’t the normal procedure that new upcoming bands cover songs by bands they’ve been influenced by? And not the other way round? But nice for a change! Although OMD has labeled it “rough mix”, their cover of VCR sounds like it could easily be a lost track from one of their recording sessions 30 years ago. Doesn't it?

OMD - VCR (rough mix)

5 comments:

Alba said...

I just have to say, that I love your blogg.
I read it as often I can, and I enjoy it a lot! ;)

I also have a qustion: how do you fix this "playmode" that you have on this song, on your blog?

Alba!

Anonymous said...

finally, the xx sound listenable! :D

Anonymous said...

finally, the xx sound listenable! :D

Unknown said...

glad you like the blog Alba, but not sure what you mean with "playmode"?

Chris - The xx are cool ;-)

Alba said...

kommer du fra danmark? Synes jeg har sett det en plass? I så fall prøver jeg å forklare hva jeg mente med "playmode" siden jeg ikke vet hva ordet for det er på norsk en gang!
Det jeg mente var hvordan får du til å lime inn den musikk avspillings programmet på bloggen? det programmet som du har for å kunne spille av denne sangen? skjønte du det nå, eller? heh