June 14, 2010

Kent...

This news came right out of the blue (or perhaps I haven’t paid enough attention in class?), but seems like Kent will be releasing a new album on June 30 (when I’m away on holiday – perfect timing – NOT!). To be named En Plats i Solen and double a-side single Gamla Ullevi/Skisser För Sommaren is out today. Unlike the previous two albums En Plats i Solen will not be produced by Joshua, but if you weren’t all that crazy about Tillbaka Till Samtiden and Röd this isn't necessarily the same as brilliant news, as the two new tracks indicate that the band’s fascination for the electronic (though not as dark as on the predecessors) and disco inspired sound continues.

1 comment:

Parklife said...

I'm a bit afraid of the new album now... :-O The two new songs don't really sound like the Kent I used to like, this is simply not dark enough for my taste. :-) But let's wait and see/hear how the final CD will sound like...