March 25, 2010

zzz...

Yesterday went by exactly as predicted, as I spent the entire day trying to recover from the lack of sleep. Find it difficult not being somewhat bitchy about it, as I think it’s pretty close to impertinent to let people pay for the tickets and then let the main act enter the stage at 11.15 p.m. I know I’m getting older, but I cannot help considering this as a message to people like me, who have to go to work the next day or even worse have children that must be at school at 8 a.m., that we are not really welcome. Whether this was a decision made by the venue or the band I don’t know, but a rather irritating one it was. And for the first time ever, I was forced to leave a concert before it finished (at 0.30 a.m. – and my friend and I weren’t the first ones to leave), as I could hardly keep my eyes open any longer plus knowing that we had the pleasure of a 45 minute drive ahead of us. The concert you ask? Nice, very nice, but as you probably have figured out, I didn’t really enjoy it!

Had a beer and a (much longer than expected) chat with the always friendly Jonas (of Entakt) before the concert, and got the latest updates on the band. Things are brewing, but precisely when we’ll hear something new from the band is still far too early to tell.
+ Kunsten at Slippe Taget
+ Orkestret med det blotlagte skelet

You bet this will soon be all over the blogosphere in an instant (it already is), but since I (like just about every other music loving human in the universe) am looking forward to High Violet, I have no other option than to jump on the bandwagon and post the first appetizer from the album.
+ Bloodbuzz Ohio
Now that I’ve listened to it a few times, I do think it’s absolutely glorious, but don’t parts of it sound like this one?

Was it completely wrong of me expecting a band named Dazzle Ships to be at least somewhat inspired by OMD? Guess so, because they really are not!
+ Least Resistance

Speaking of old favorites OMD. I probably knew that the band was still around, but certainly not that the original line-up is back together. And I definitely did not know that they plan to release an album this year (to be named The History of Modern). A demo version of the very Enola Gay’ish Sister Mary Says is free to download (you do have to register and all that) from the official webpage. Oh, those memories!

No comments: