October 26, 2007

It's Friday...

Yep it’s Friday and there is one thing that you always have to do on Fridays; check the Flashback Friday post over at Music of the Moment. Especially if you’re a nostalgic, gray-haired, middle-aged creature like yours truly, and still remember, cherish and worship those good old days in the 80's, where you had to buy 3 different 12” versions of every Pet Shop Boys and Erasure single, just to make sure that you had all the remixes (even though you never bothered listening to them). And since Love Comes Quickly by PSB is today’s flashback dish (anyone remember Shep Pettibone?), I once again have to urge you to check out Chris’ string of fantastic posts. Just to prove that I was a fanatic back then, I even bought that baseball cap! I probably believed that it made me look like Chris Lowe?

Speaking of remixes. Norwegian band Lorraine is giving away an extensive MHC remix of the previously unreleased track Beautiful Thing. Quite coincidentally is does sound very Pet Shop Boyish.
+ Beautiful Thing MHC Remix

4 comments:

Chris said...

thanks for the post! And a picture of you in the cap would be nice! :D

Parklife said...

Yes, we want to see you with this cap! :-)

Unknown said...

You guys are soooo funny :) I believe I threw it away many years ago, but if I find it (and that is one BIG if), I promise that I'll have my picture taken while I'm doing my best Chris Lowe impersonation!

Chris said...

ok then!

if you don't find it anymore, I'll buy you one next time I'm in London! :D