October 10, 2007

The Birthday Cake is made of Lava...

I know some of you will find this difficult to comprehend, but there are a few tiny things in my life that are far more important than music. One of those little "things" is celebrating her second birthday today and even though she's a spoiled, ill-bred and self-willed rascal, life definitely wouldn't be the same without her!

Let's make it 3 days in a row! Here's another track by The Floor Is Made Of Lava taken from All Juice No Fruit. I received my hardcopy of the album yesterday and wasted little time giving it a good, loud spin in the car this morning on my way to work. Energy is probably the one word that describes the album the best and I certainly felt all pumped and energetic, when I parked the car outside the office! Order! Order! Order!
+ Sucker Love

Anders over at Frekvens.dk interviews American singer/songwriter Nathan Holscher and reviews his new album Even the Hills. The review is very positive and I can only support that, as Nathan Holscher has released a really wonderful americana/folk rock album. Below two tracks of the album posted with permission.
+ Hard, High and Blue
+ My Sweet

I've just downloaded In Rainbows (I actually paid for it - £5 - since Peter asked) and will give it a few listens today. Not that I care much about it, but I don't want to be the sole person in the universe (or at least in the bloggeruniverse), who isn't listening to it today. And who knows? I could end up being positively surprised?

1 comment:

Parklife said...

Happy birthday to your little one! :-)

And how much did you actually pay for the Radiohead-album? (just curious since everyone can freely decide the sum they are willing to give...)