June 1, 2007

Friday evening blogging...

This just as a precaution before rumors start circulating. NO – today’s post on doping doesn’t spell a new beginning for Hits In The Car. This is and will remain a blog focusing on music, though it probably won’t be the last time that I will be tempted to touch other subjects!

May was the most successful month in the history of the blog with nearly 13,000 visits and 20,000 page views. Thanks a bundle to all who visited and please, please remember to come back some other time. Unfortunately I don’t think that the growing number is due to the fact that the blog’s popularity is rising. Instead I believe it has a lot more to do with the increasing interest in music blogs in general.

This blog has quietly turned into one of my favorites. It’s written in Danish; it's not updated very often and only features a few posts on music. Instead it's the perfect place to go, if you want to be updated on news about the murder of JFK.

Back again after a lengthy break. First I had to put the kids to bed and then I had to do some push-ups, sit-ups and back exercises. I’m certainly no fitness freak, but the past few months, as my physical shape has been getting worse and worse, my back has started troubling me again. So the days of bad excuses and laziness are over, and it’s time to get back in shape. And to celebrate my initiative I’ve rewarded myself a nice cold Brooklyn Brown Ale! One step forward and two steps back I guess?

FALK continues recommending interesting music. Earlier today he sent me a suggestion that I should listen to German indie/alternative rock band Steep. Pretty cool track Like This that is taken from the 2007 album Your Reality, has found a lot of inspiration in bands like Coldplay, Muse and Snow Patrol.
+ Like This

The lovely new Club 8 single Whatever You Want is now available for free from the fantastic Labrador label.
+ Whatever You Want

Gotta love this one. Swedish duo Sleepwalk (a collaboration of Mr. Sidewalk and Tiny Well-Placed Bleep) has recorded a track called Disco From Italy that is...you guessed it...influenced/inspired by Italo Disco. 20 years ago I would have run down to the local record store begging them to immediately order the 12" version!
+ Disco From Italy

No comments: