February 23, 2007

Best of...Friday evening edition

Just watched Trading Places on TV. I know it's 24 years old, but I still rank it as one of the funniest movies ever made. I'm not the movie buff I once used to be, so I won't start any Eddie Murphy rant (because I haven't watched any of his movies the past 10 years).

While watching I had a Best Extra Stout from Coopers Brewery (Australia). Must be one of the best beers you'll ever taste!

OK - no more best of this and that bullshit. Probably should stick to what I normally do and post some music instead.

Sherwood from California has a new album (A Different Light) coming up and gives away a track from it called Song In My Head for free. It's one of those typical and instantly catchy American pop/rock tunes that we all hate to admit actually liking.
+ Song In My Head

Over at Last.fm I've sent a request to become a member of a group called Department of Free Sounds (apparently it has to be accepted by someone). Thanks to the recommendations found there, I'm currently busy downloading and listening to some quite interesting stuff. A few samples (though they have probably already been featured in other blogs)....
+ Sleepy Township - Monument
+ Eux Autres - Ecoutez Bien!
+ Bubblegum Lemonade - My Dreams of You

A quick search over at The Hype Machine reveals that no blog has ever featured Bubblegum Lemonade. Why is beyond me, because this band (mixing noise pop and jangling guitars with a lot of 60's inspiration) should give fans of bands like The Field Mice and The Jesus and Mary Chain plenty to cheer for

6 comments:

martijn said...

I wrote about Bubblegum Lemonade a while ago and so did at least two others. :)
But back then they only had some crappy quality (but great) songs available at MySpace, so I didn't really link to them...

Unknown said...

OK - probably shouldn't have relied solely on Hype Machine, but done a blogger search as well :)

Tom said...

I have also wrote about Bubblegum Lemonade as well! So has Powerpopaholic. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the inro to Bubblegum Lemonade Bro, I like the sound!

Kate said...

So, that's the best beer, eh? I live in the US so I'd like to know what the best beer is according to Danes and Germans. Haha--Well, great music, and I love READING as well as listening to your blog!

Kate said...

Oops, that would be danes and germans in lower case--to be a little perfectionist....K, thanks.