August 2, 2006

Paddy Casey

Pete White sent me a message the other day recommending that I listen to Irishman Paddy Casey. So I did and it didn't last long before I realized that I was dealing with yet another talented singer/songwriter. His been around the music scene for a while now (haven't heard of him before though) and both tracks featured below are from his 1999 debut album Amen (So Be It). When reading through his profile, I'm somewhat surprised that he doesn't list David Gray among his influences, because you could easily fool me to believe that Fear was a new (and very good) song from the more well-known Brit. Whether Paddy Casey agrees or approves I don't know, but he probably doesn't mind that I strongly recommend that you give him a listen!
+ Fear
+ It's Over Now

No comments: