April 12, 2006

Have A Beer

The girls are sleeping and the wife has deserted home for the cinema, so I checked the fridge and found myself a nice bottle of Young's Double Chocolate Stout.

Pet Grief by The Radio Dept. was in the mail today and is currently spinning, so everything's set for a nice evening! First impression; This album is good, VERY good. Second listen doesn't change my first impression. Still very good. The band seems to be moving in a new/different direction (guitars->keyboards), which makes it difficult to compare the album to Lesser Matters (but why would you want to do that?). The album runs for 37 minutes, which leaves you craving for more.

I finally listened to Ringleader Of The Tormentors earlier today and I have to say that although I've never been a fan of Morrissey it's still somewhat of a disappointment. I liked You Are The Quarry quite a lot, so I was probably hoping for the new one to be equally good (and it's not).

Found (stumbled upon) a really great indie/alternative band today from Manchester called kni9hts. The music is said to be influenced by multiple other bands and according to the band's listeners kni9hts sounds like everything from Simon & Garfunkel to Radiohead. I always find it hard to label or categorize bands and their music, but it's not at all difficult for me to admit that this is one very good band.
+ Coastal
+ The Dig
+ Jolan District

Visit Torr if you want a copy of the new song by Keane.

No comments: