April 24, 2006

From the mailbox

Received two really nice mails tonight.

First Daniel of The Book Of Daniel wrote and informed me that it's possible to download his new 6 tracks EP Footnotes to the spell of daylight-saving time for free from his webpage. So I did and here I am completely amazed, because this is a collection of truly wonderful and beautiful songs, which are absolutely perfect for a quiet evening like this. The only thing missing is probably a glass of red wine. I'm not sure how to describe the music (maybe as indie pop with a twist of jazz or jazz inspired pop?), but nonetheless I highly recommend this EP!!
+ 3rd Of December
+ Dream On, Wildhead
+ Hokus Pokus
+ Alice's Last Song

The second mail was from Tom Filepp, who sent a little info on his electronic project called Cars & Trains. So far I've only listened to the songs once, but the music is a nice cocktail of electronic playfulness.
+ Broken Streetlamp Serenade
+ The Official Cars And Trains Theme Song

No comments: