November 24, 2005

In the December edition of Danish Lifestyle Magazine Euroman they list the following albums as the cream of 2005:

Danish
1. Mew - And The Glass Handed Kites
2. Kashmir - No Balance Balace
3. Junior Senior - Hey Hey My My Yo Yo
4. Bikstok Røgsystem - Over Stok Og Sten
5. Spleen United - Godspeed Into The Mainstream

I could easily find two albums to replace Junior Senior and Bikstok Røgsystem! The 3 other albums definitely belong on the list!

International
1. Antony And The Johnsons - I'm A Bird Now
2. Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning/Digital Ash In A Digital Urn
3. M.I.A. - Arular
4. Rufus Wainwright - Want Two
5. Madonna - Confessions On A Dancefloor

I have absolutely no problems with Bright Eyes making the list (could make my year end list as well?). I will borrow M.I.A. and Rufus Wainwright from the library to check them out. I'm still puzzled about the success of Antony And The Johnsons. I have decided not to buy the Madonna album. Maybe I am wrong?

A member of each of the Danish bands was allowed to pick his favorites. Quite noteworthy in my eyes is that both Junior Senior and Kashmir picked their own album as the best Danish one of the year! No fake modesty indeed! Here are a couple of their other picks:

Wrong Numbers Are Never Busy by I Am Bones (Spleen United)
I Am Bones (Webpage)
Talk To The Hands (MP3)
Building Hospitals (MP3)

Skeleton by Figurines (Kashmir + Junior Senior)
Figurines (Webpage)
Rivalry (MP3)
The Wonder (MP3)

Heat by Colder (Kashmir)
Stream a few of the songs here. All new to me, but this sounds pretty good!

Knives and Daggers by Kitty Wu (Kashmir)
See this post at the Coast Is Clear blog.

No comments: