August 1, 2005

GOT THEM! - Tickets for the Coldplay concert :-)

Comments on the U2 concert yesterday?

I think I'll (generously) give it 4 out of 6 stars. It was a pretty OK concert, but I subtract a couple of stars, because the weather was bad (not their fault), the sound wasn't very good (maybe not their fault, but still irritating) and they didn't play Bad (definitely their fault). Finally I do get a bit tired of Bono constantly wanting to teach us how to coexist etc. when it happens numerous times during a 2 hour concert.

The older songs (Where the Streets…, All I Want Is You etc.) are (and probably always will be) the definite highlights of their concerts, though in fact the very best part of the show was when they entered the stage to the sound of Wake Up by The Arcade Fire.

2 comments:

tom said...

I'm very jealous about both concerts... But I can say that I have gone and seen The Cure, Depeche Mode, and Violent Femmes. I will be posting some of my music soon.

lisa said...

I'm jealous too.. I NEED to see U2 play and I know I'll cry! LOL

That's my ultimate concert!